Sunday, January 16, 2011

Positive.




So the Test came back showing what we pretty much already knew. I indeed have Cholestasis. Even though we saw this coming the reality of it all is something that is more than slightly hard to swallow. In one test my possibility of ever having a home birth has been cut down by 90%. I know that maybe some people wont understand my sadness in this. But birth is and has been for the past 3 years my PASSION. I love it! Love the beauty of it! Love the moment when sweet little baby enters the world as goes right onto mommy. That sweet moment that I so wanted to experience in the comfort and warmth of my home. I was able to have Elina at Bella Vie birthing center and that was wonderful. I will still get to experience that sweet moment with Bella, just not in the same environmental as was hoped for. I am grateful that the hospital where I am having Bella has started a new approach to child birth that is much like a midwives approach. Once the baby is born, as long as the baby is healthy, the little one goes straight to the mommy and does not leave her for at least an hour or more. And when they do take her for a short moment it is only to weigh and get measurements.

Sorry this is all a bunch of rambles... I hope that I am able to convey my hearts sadness at this time in a way that helps some to understand what I am feeling.

But please do not let this come out as if I am in anyway ungrateful for my healthy baby GIRL! I am so thrilled to meet her in just a few short weeks, and also so thrilled that she can be born healthy. I do love my Doctor and my Midwife/doula both so much. They are both extremely supportive of no epidural, as little if any pitocin. They are going to try some other was to induce first Pit is kinda a last resort thing.

On a very exciting note, we have some wonderful pictures of our sweet girl! Here is little Bella Coquille!

3 comments:

Genny said...

Wow, I have never heard of this. I will be praying for you; relief, safe delivery, etc. Where do you have to deliver?

Unknown said...

sorry to hear you wont be able to have her at home but im so happy the baby is healthy! guess next time ill see you ill see the new one :)

HattonHome said...

Oh Evie ~ I have been praying for you! I pray for Papa to reassure you and surround you with His love and peace! I know you are strong in Him, and this too will draw you closer to Him! I am so sorry that your plans are being altered, but am so relieved and happy that your sweet little GIRL is healthy! If you ever need help with Elina during these trips to Eugene, or anytime, I am here for you! I would be happy to help in any way I can! Plus Logan would love the play mate :) Thank you so much for the updates, and I will continue to pray!!