Friday, April 18, 2008

Head down Elina.


Today was overwhelming. Elina decided that she really didn’t want to turn on her own, so I had to have an external version. Praise God, after two attempts and one success she is now headed in the right direction! I have to admit this whole procedure has really worn me out. It has also made me realize how close this whole thing is! She has less than 3 weeks to go, and I don’t feel prepared. I know in His timing that the Lord will continue to ready me, but I just get a little scared. I’m sure the meds that they used added to that a bit as well. Ha, I haven’t taken so much as a Tylenol in the past 9 months and then I get this shot of something that really took me out. Not sleepy, but jittery and sick and completely worn out at the same time. It’s like waking up at 3 in the morning and drinking 12 shots off coffee! Your heart is racing and feels as though at any moment the walls could cave in on you. The whole process was not very much fun. But she turned, and no matter what pain I had gone through and what affects that stuff was having on me I knew in an instant that she was worth it all! Maybe God is just trying to give me a small glimpse of what it will be like when I am in labor. I guess that will be something when I am going through all the pain of childbirth that I can think about and remember why I am doing this. Elina is so precious and sweet; I can not wait to just hold her in my arms.

Sorry it seems like this blog is me still processing this whole thing. I guess what I really wanted to say is, she has turned!

God is good.

Be Blessed.

-Evie

2 comments:

G. said...

Hi Evie. I'm so glad to hear the Elina is headed in the right direction! Yay! I've enjoyed seeing your pregnant pictures and I can't wait to see little Elina. Take care sweetie and I'll be praying for the 3 of you!

Love, G.

Angela Jensen said...

Hey, Ev! I tried calling your cell like 10 times!! What's goin' on? I'm so glad she's turned... Prayed like crazy. :) YIPPEE!!

Hey, I'm not on your links page anymore... :*( boo!

I love you!
Momma