Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Lovely Spring.


Spring is the time of year when I begin to fall in love with my kitchen all over again. Produce stands are open and fruits and vegetables are overflowing! Cold Lentil salads and fresh flavors start to make appearances once again! I feel excited to try new exciting menus... However it is still delightful to enjoy a wonderful Lavender earl grey with some vanilla coconut milk.
Good Morning Bella!


Sweet Bella got up early with me to make the family some delicious 'Spiced up pancakes'. I found this recipe on ohsheglows.com. I didn't have everything the recipe called for, so instead of pumpkin pancakes, we had spiced pancakes with some quick homemade blueberry syrup. It was splendid! Thank you Angela for the recipe! For those of you who want to give it a try I'll attach the recipe to the end of this post.


Another delicious dish, I love to throw together is this Soba Salad with fresh veggies and a yummy citrus peanut sauce! Spring makes our kitchen come to life!



Even with all the exciting things happening in our kitchen, our Garden is the most exciting spring event of all!!


Elina and Seth planted some little starters to eventually transplant into the garden! Starting your plants in an egg carton is a wonderful thing! when you are ready to move to the garden, you just plant the whole 'egg'.
Look Closely! You can see one of our little seeds coming to life!


Out to the garden we go! I don't know what excites Elina more than gardening with Seth. Even princesses do not top it. She loves watching the plants grow, checking on them daily to see if they are alive yet. Also she gets to work with her fun garden tools form Aunt Amy and Uncle Matt. Thank you!


Even Bella came along for our family day in the garden. Since we live on a corner lot, she had to watch from the safety of her stroller.


Along with this new exciting season, we are exploring a new way of cooking and eating. My hope is that as I discover new lovely recipes, that I will share them on here. Maybe even inspire someone along the way. who knows. :D


Pancakes: http://ohsheglows.com/2010/10/07/spiced-up-stacked-pumpkin-butter-pancakes-for-one/
Soba noodle salad: http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2008/06/sesame_soba_noodles_with_cucumber_bok_choy_and_mixed_greens

4 comments:

Noel Wilke said...

Evie,
I love your blog! You are such an inspiring woman, and you have such a beautiful family! :)

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see how your garden progresses this year! I know we said we weren't going to be able to grow anything because we're planning on moving, but we couldn't help ourselves. We planted some herbs and such over the weekend. It just feels wrong not to.

Your kids melt me.

but you and I traveled through the fog.. said...

hey spanish spice. lovely pictures of a lovely fam. : )

John Christian said...

Thanks for a great blog. I was able to get the information that I had been looking for. Thanks once again!
Online Medical Store India
Order Medicine Online