Tuesday, October 21, 2008

6 months later...


Fall pictures of Elina =)


Oh my, It has been so long. No one is reading this anymore I'm sure. It is good to write. In the quiet times, when Elina is sleeping...I like to let out my thoughts.


Elina is 6months now...WOW. She is just starting to sit up on her own! She rolls over as well. She has a large personality and and a smile to go with it!

I have been making a lot of life changes...

#1) Making God #1!! I always try to keep up reading my Bible and praying but, I am finding that instead of focusing on God and then everything else, I kept trying to fit God into everything else. Not really working. So, I am just really spending time listening to my papa, and learning how to truly love him.

#2) NO SUGAR!! I have felt this for a while, but not really acted on it. I would always give in to my flesh just wanting the a drink of soda or some candy. Seth and I have made a decision for Elina to not consume any sugar. How can we expect her to follow if we are not also doing the same? It is not good for you anyways! So why would I want that in my body? Plus I'm finding that water=sooo good!

#3) Building relationships. Relationships are so important! They are the people who give you life everyday! I have found that I need to stop and look at who (and How) I spend my time with. Is it someone that feeds me? (by this I mean someone who you can talk about the Lord with, and encourages you in your walk with Him) Or is it someone that breaks me down? If they feed me I want to spend more time with them! Because someone who makes me want to be closer to God is going to also help my #1 goal(refer to my #1 at top :)) If someone does not bring life, I am not going to stop hanging out with them, because they most likely need to be fed also...But I most likely going to limit my time. I need to be with GOD! If 2 want to be with God then they can be and talk about him...It makes it much harder when 1 of them does not want to. (hope this makes sense)

#4) Re-evaluate how I live my life. Kind of a blend of the other 3 plus much more. Am I really listening to the convictions the God has put on my heart? Am I doing something simply because it is 'fun' or because 'everyone else does it'? WAKE UP!!! we are NOT living in a Christian nation any more! Just because other people do it that does not make it right! We are not to live with other people as our standard. God gave us the standard, it is his son, and The Bible. That is what we are to live by. I need to DIE to myself DAILY!!! Not once a week on Sunday when I realize what I have been doing or thinking is wrong but DAILY, before it even happens. Stop giving into my flesh and start giving my all to my Father!

I know that God has given me my own convictions. These convictions may not be the same ones that you have. That is fine. I will not ever look down upon someone or judge someone because they are doing something I wouldn't do. I will NEVER be disappointed in someone. Because it is not your choice to disappoint me, It's MY choice to be disappointed by you. (Seth and I tell each other this and Elina also all the time)
So please do not read any of this in anger, but know that this is for me. If it reaches you, it is out of love. So in closing this is my Goal...I will Live for Christ, I will not eat Sugar, I will feed into others, I will not 'celebrate' Halloween, I will continue to walk and exercise daily, I will always put God first then My husband, I will always love EVERYONE, I will play and dance with Elina, I will only be a phone call away to anyone who needs an ear, and I will dance.
Thank you Caylan, for helping me come to this next step in my life. Whether you realize it or not, you give me life.

1 comment:

Travis Wagar said...

And you inspire me to keep GIVING. Love you!