Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Break in

Late last night Seth and I decided to watch a movie:) About halfway through the movie, we both started to hear strange noises coming form the other side of our house. For those of you who don't know, Seth and I live on campus at Western Mennonite School in the old boys dorm building, which has now been turned into some classrooms and an apartment. The kitchen sits directly below us. Knowing that this building is very very old, we passed it off as creaking and kept watching the movie. A few moments later we heard what sounded like someone opening and closing our door! Remember we had a movie on so we weren't sure if we were just hearing something else. The movie ended around midnight. Seth went to go check to make sure all the doors were locked. To his surprise our door was slightly open...odd. He called to me to ask what was wrong with the door because the handle was sticking. I checked the other side and found the handle had 'fallen' off. You would think at this point I would put two and two together...but this is an old building and the door handle was getting kind of old. So we locked the chain lock and went to bed.

The next morning I went down to the kitchen to get some milk, the school chef Andrew asked me if I had heard any weird noises. I said that yes, I had--around midnight. Andrew then proceeded to tell me that someone had broken into the kitchen the night before and stolen his knives! They had then proceeded up to our apartment and broken off the door handle in an attempt to break in! My guess is that they must have heard Seth and I awake and ran. Praise the Lord we did not go check...we were not thinking break in and would not have been prepared for knives and/or whatever else they had. Later looking at our door we realized that the door knob had been mangled up and the handle had teeth marks on it from a big pipe wrench! Wow. A few months ago seth wrote Bible verses over the doorway and anointed the doors with olive oil. I know that the Lord was protecting us, and because of His mighty power those people could not walk through our door! Praise God!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, Evie that is so crazy! How scary...God was truly protecting you guys that night! Yikes!

Angela Jensen said...

I just praise GOD that you three (!!) are okay! When Evie told me about this on the phone, I had cold chills, but when she said they'd anointed the apartment and had written scripture over the door, I knew... KNEW that God had sent His mighty, warrior angels to protect them! I fear if any bad guys had come and messed with my Evie & Seth... and my Elina Clarice, I'd have had to show up and bust some heads... among other things! NEVER mess with a mama's cubs. She'll mess right back, and in so doing, often inflicts greater harm than the first...messer. hehe.

I love you guys!!

Mom

Unknown said...

p my goodness! thats crazy! God was looking out for you....did you make a police report?

Angela Jensen said...

EVIE!!! So where are your NEW blogs?? I've been waiting and waiting and waiting... :)

Your mama loves you!!

:)

Honey Twigs said...

Hii Everyone
Hope You all are Healthy & Wealthy....I want to share something with with you. Today, I explore the exquisite pairing of premium baked pita chips with the comforting warmth favorite soups. These pita chips are crafted with wholesome ingredients, ensuring a guilt-free treat that doesn't compromise on flavor. These are healthy & baked so, try <a href="https://www.gourmade.in/>Gourmade</a> Pita Chips.